Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Misogynist? Me? Really?

I don't think I'm a misogynist.  But, I've recently been called one by more than one woman.  I feel a need to address it.

I insist a woman pull her own weight in a relationship.  Paying her half of all common expenses as well as any she incurs on her own.  Does that make me a misogynist?

I don't like the idea of a woman having unlimited access to my assets.  Does that make me a misogynist?

I don't think it's wrong to speak to an attractive woman on the street and ask for her phone number.  Does that make me a misogynist?

I think it's wrong that a man is forced to pay a woman money for the rest of her life after a divorce.  Does that make me a misogynist?

I think it's immoral and wrong for a woman to lead a man on by allowing him to pay her bills, repair her car, do her heavy lifting, loan her money she knows she'll never pay back and take her on expensive dates while she knows she'll never have an intimate relationship with him.  Does that make me a misogynist?

I don't think women deserve respect simply by virtue of their gender.  Does that make me a misogynist?

I think it's wrong for a woman to use sex as a tool to manipulate men.  Does that make me a misogynist?

I believe women are my equal in every way.  I believe women should receive equal pay for equal work.  I don't judge women by their sexual habits.  If a woman enjoys bedding a new man every night, it's no ones business but hers and I don't think that has to mean she's a slut.

I love women!  I love their thoughts, their ideas, I love hearing their points of view.  I also enjoy indulging in the pleasures of their flesh.  But, I don't think that makes me a misogynist.  I think that makes me a normal, hedrosexual man.

How do any of these views make me a misogynist?  I really want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment