Saturday, September 1, 2012

<=>



Soon I'm moving into the smallest apartment I was able to find in my area.  It's just 443 sq ft and it's the kind of place I've always tried to live in.  I like tiny apartments.  I like that it costs less to rent and I like that it costs less to heat and cool.  I like that I can clean it from top to bottom in just a couple of hours and like that it will force me to radically, ruthlessly edit anything extraneous from my life.  That will leave me with only the things that make me happy.

There have been so many technological breakthroughs that allow us to digitize so many things that once took a lot of space.  All my music and photos are already stored in a digital format.  I still want a few photographs of my walls of course, but the old photo albums are a relic of the past.

I store my DVDs in cases that resemble books.  However, I still need a DVD cleaner and player.  Neither of these take up much space, but in a place this small, anything I can digitize will be an advantage.  So, if anyone reading this knows of a gadget that'll store movies in a more efficient way, feel free to let me know about it in a comment.

So, what do I need to be happy?  What do I want to do in my new tiny apartment?

Aside from the obvious things like a bed, dining table and chairs I want a home office, room for guests to sleep over and space for my guitars.  The challenge will be finding clever ways of storing the stuff I must have in a way that leaves enough space for the things I want.

I'm a man of limited means, so it won't happen overnight.  I'll have to buy things sporadically, as I can afford them.  However, I have high hopes for the end result.

1 comment:

  1. I found the way to digitize my dvd collection.

    Click here.

    Ehow is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete