Thursday, July 11, 2013

Sometimes it's Hard NOT Buying Stuff

For a long time I've been trying to limit the things I own.  I've sold or given away most of my possessions.  I like this non-materialistic  lifestyle.  It's much less trouble.  I can now put everything I own in a single carload.

But, everywhere I go there are things jumping out at me screaming "BUY ME!  BUY ME!"  And I'm often tempted.  I have to stop and ask myself; do I really need that?  Will buying that really make me happier than I am now?  The answer is usually no and I pass it by.

Recently I did spend some money on something many would consider extravagant.  I bought a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses.  $200.00.  But, I absolutely love them.  I use them every day and not only do they do an outstanding job of clearing up my vision, but they have an cool factor (at least to me) that cannot be beat.  So yeah, they have made me happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment